Improve the quality of life and care of nursing home, assisted living/personal care home residents and isolated older adults throughout our community.
Founded in 1975 and incorporated in 1981 as a non-profit organization
- Determining and responding to the needs of residents.
- Assist and train volunteers of all ages to visit and interact with residents individually and in groups.
- Provide opportunities for interaction between residents and community groups.
- Advocate resident rights and resolve complaints on behalf of residents.
- Educate the community and staff of facilities on various subjects related to senior issues.
- The Patient Advocate Program provides Patient advocacy to older adults, assisting them in a safe discharge from local hospitals by connecting the older adults with appropriate supportive services throughout Lackawanna County.
- Provide guardianship services to individuals who have been deemed incapable by the Courts, by assuring due process and a full range of quality services in the least restrictive manner to address each individual's needs.
- Promote and encourage self- determination and growth of incapacitated persons through increased participation of the incapacitated person in the decision making process.